Have an intimate experience with great white sharks off the coast of Mexico! Cage diving with great white sharks is as exhilarating as it gets.
Wildlife Photography Tour in Monterey Bay
photograph wildlife in their natural habitat
- Passenger Ages 13+
Join us for a fantastic day on Monterey Bay spending time photographing animals like seals, sea lions, otters, whales, dolphins, turtles, sharks and the coastal scenery of Monterey Bay!
Intimate Photography Wildlife Encounters
Groups are small (two to four people), we travel quietly, and the focus is on the wildlife. There is plenty of free time for us to explore.
Our boat named “Safari” is the perfect vessel for photography as we are close and low to the water giving you a spectacular low vantage point to photograph the wildlife from an intimate level that few other vessels offer.
Whether you are a beginner or expert photographer, you are bound to pick up some new skills and tips on capturing stunning marine life imagery. For those who are not into photography, this is still an excellent trip to be out on the water during a beautiful time of day. You can sit back, relax, and watch the wildlife, while the photographers let their shutters fly! The photography tours operating between April – May can be a good time to look for killer whales as they come into the bay to hunt migrating gray whales. We may have an opportunity to see humpback whales and multiple species of dolphins. Other times of the year, expect to see humpbacks, blues, and dolphins with the occasional killer whale sighting. There will also be opportunities to photograph other animals like sea otters, sea lions, and many bird species.
What We Do
- We draw on our experience and expertise to put you in the best position possible to provide an amazing photography experience. Whether it is , photographing sharks, whales, and other wildlife, or just spending a day on the boat, we are here to make your trip the best it can be.
- Each guest is provided with a very comfortable Mustang inflatable life jacket to wear during the trip.
- All of our trips are led by an experienced photographer/captain/naturalist.
Remember Before You Go
- Because our boats travel at 20 plus miles per hour, there is a wind factor that can bring a chill. We have always said, “dress like you are going to the snow in layers.” Monterey weather can feel much cooler when on the water. We have spray-proof jackets for you to wear over your clothes if needed and dry bags / cases for your gear. Once on site, typically it is warmer and we are adjusting our clothing layers as needed
- Please visit the bathroom before you get onto the boat. There are no bathrooms onboard, and the trip lasts three hours. Also, please remember to pay for parking.
- All Guests must be in reasonably good health and able to step down into and step up out of the vessel to and from the dock
- Our boat is equipped with soft cushions with backrest but even so, if you are pregnant, have a weak back or neck or If you have concerns please consider booking with one of the the large capacity vessels in Monterey Bay
- Contact us for additional details.